Saturday, August 11, 2012

I'm not your manic pixie dream girl

 MANIC PIXIE DREAM GIRL-  A Manic Pixie Dream Girl or MPDG, is a term coined by film critic Nathan Rabin after seeing Elizabethtown. It refers to "that bubbly, shallow cinematic creature that exists solely in the fevered imaginations of sensitive writer-directors to teach broodingly soulful young men to embrace life and its infinite mysteries and adventures." A pretty, outgoing, whacky female romantic lead whose sole purpose is to help broody male characters lighten up and enjoy their lives.

ha. Ok, can i just tell you right now, I am everything but a manic pixie dream girl.  At times i am self centered, i will admit that.  I think that girls should be strong and not have to always be looking out for a guy or trying to protect him or help him figure out the happiness in his life while she just sits around (WHOO go feminism)


this fantastic Marina and the Diamonds poster that we found on the streets of San Francisco.
You know what i am.  I am a primadonna.  ya know i can't help that i need it all

my wonderful fashionable friend Hanne in a jacket from Sway/White collared shirt/diy studded high-waisted shorts

looking really awkward.  but i am wearing a bike week shirt from Forever 21/diy skirt (that i drew my inspiration from Marlena from Rookie)/ Bright green knock-off Doc's






these bad boys were hiding in the back of my closet and i am super happy i found them.  my new project is to glitter these up so they can sparkle and be that much more annoying

so when Hanne took this picture i wasn't really ready for it but i ended up looking slightly cute.  kindy derpy but whateva. 


we awkwardly snuck over into her neighbors yard to take this picture.  haha hope she didn't notice.

contemplating

so many shades of my hair that i never noticed.  Shall i say fifty shades of lavender


so i have noticed with this picture that without my glasses i look very young.  and if you were wondering i really do need my glasses, they are not just a hip fashion statement. 

oh gurl! her hair is super vibrant and I'm  jealous because she has kept it like that for 3 weeks.  its crazy.
its funny seeing my trio of friends together because you can tell that we are all together because we all have crazy dyed hair.  me: purple  Hanne: pink   Lizzie: red tips

that collar

fabulous clock purse that actually tells the time.  i got this from my aunts best friend.  i mean how can you just give away something as great as this.
The good news is, with this purse i can never be late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment