Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Stars Come Out at Night

Saturn +hat = Haturn

Well hello all.  I am sad to say that Halloween is officially over now and i am very sad about it.  Halloween  has always been one of my favorite holidays.  I always get very into my Halloween costume and i try to make everyone get just as excited as i get.  Luckily I have really awesome friends that agree with me on the fact that you are never too old for Halloween.  While everyone was out partying, we were the hard core trick or treaters out in the Richmond District in the pouring rain .  It sounds unfortunate  but i have to say that i had so much fun.
The week of Halloween was crazy for us in San Francisco   The Giants won the World Series (WOOHOOO) and the parade to celebrate was decided to be on the day of Halloween.  I don't know whose idea that was but I was not very happy about it.  I felt very awkward going to the parade in my costume, but i was not about to pass up an opportunity to wear my costume.  


Solar System

Going back to my costume I was a solar system for Halloween.  I think that this was one of my favorite costumes by far.  I try very hard every year not to be that girl that just wears skimpy clothing and ears and says that they are an animal.  I worked really hard on this costume this year.  What is consists of is a sparkly sweater (Forever 21), Galaxy tutu (DIY), metallic shorts (DIY), various planet jewelry (DIY), and of course lots of sparkles to go all over my eyes.  
my wonderful friends

My friends also had very cool costumes too.  Lizzie was a sunflower (i made her tutu), Maya was a pirate, and Hanne was Crying Girl by Roy Lichtenstein.  We all try to be really creative.  


My friends at school had some cool costumes too
Tweedle dee and tweedle dum.  They are the cutest couple 
Alex from A Clockwork Orange
my wonderful fellow student gov Sophomores 
Peter Pan
Marc as Cupid
Homeless (he didn't really have to do anything different)

There were a few more that i couldn't find pictures of at the moment, but i will.  I hope that all of your Halloweens were as successful as mine was.
If there is anything specific that you want me to blog about please comment.
XOXO

6 comments:

  1. I love your costume! The Saturn hat is very cute!
    -maren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit turned out so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh how adorable! I love love love your costume, such a great idea! <3

    birdiewearsatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! The homeless guy literally had me rolling. I love your costume, it's so creative.

    http://five-dimes-for-9-live.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That costume is damn fine AND THE HEAD PIECE!
    so so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. i worked really hard on my costume and its nice to see that people actually like it

      XOXO
      Rain

      Delete